Re: Luminous 12.1.1 upgrade mgr woes

On 07/19/2017 03:27 AM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
On 18/07/17 23:32, John Spray wrote:

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Mark Kirkwood
<mark.kirkwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Just had a go at this - 12.1.1 from a freshly deployed Jewel (10.2.9) on
Ubuntu 16.04, following
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/#upgrade-from-jewel-or-kraken.

So it all worked ok *except* for the the mgr deploy, this hang at the
key/caps modification stage (see attached). Now I managed to work around it:

- switch cephx to none in ceph.conf

- restart mon

- redeploy mgr
Hmm, I suspect the issue is with the bootstrap-mgr keyring.  I notice
that when trying a "mgr create" on an upgraded cluster, ceph-deploy is
prompting me to do a "gatherkeys", at which point it generates the
keyring.  However, the bootstrap-mgr identity that I have inside the
mon is weird, its key is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Even after I've got the bootstrap-mgr keyring (whose AAA... key
matches the weird one that the mon has), I get EINVAL connecting, and
the mon is logging "error when trying to handle auth request, probably
malformed request".

Yeah, that is what I'm seeing here (I didn't notice that the bootstrap-mgr key was weird/truncated...well spotted).

That should now be fixed on master.

Let us know if it didn't solve the issue.

  -Joao