RGW bucket reshard fails with ERROR: bi_list(): (4) Interrupted system call

Hi,
Posted this in ceph-users earlier, thought I try here as well. Running
Jewel (10.2.7). While trying to get rid of an oversized bucket (+14M
objects) I tried to reshard the bucket index to be able to remove it
without having the rgw run out of memory.

As per the Red Hat documentation I ran
# radosgw-admin bucket reshard --bucket=oversized_bucket --num-shards=300
Noted the old instance id and waited for it to output a count of all
items, at the very end the command spits out "ERROR: bi_list(): (4)
Interrupted system call"

Now I have the new bucket instance with a sharded index (300),
seemingly unused and the old instance id of the bucket with no shards,
which seems to be active

#  radosgw-admin --cluster drceph-tcs-prod metadata get
bucket:oversized_bucket returns the old instance id in bucket_id

Two questions:

* How do I remove the new bucket id, from the failed reshard command.
Since it's not used it's confusing to have it floating around
* How do I actually reshard the oversized_bucket? - Actually, I really
don't care about the bucket, If there's a way to remove the bucket and
it's objects without altering the index, causing the radosgw to
allocate all memory available and crash, I'd rather do that.

Regards,
Andreas