Re: subpackages for mgr modules

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM, John Spray <jspray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My preferred solution would be mon commands for toggling modules "ceph
> mgr module [enable|disable] <module>", and a record in the MgrMap that
> says which are enabled.

Sure. It's just another command users have to do to get to a preferred state.

The classic response on these things has been "ceph setup is hard,
let's wrap it in ceph-ansible" (or whatever higher-level tool will do
all these tricky steps). Then ceph-ansible becomes more and more
complex, and I wonder whether the complexity could be addressed
elsewhere by simply scaling down the flexibility.

- Ken