Re: GSOC about ceph-mgr:POOL PG_NUM AUTO-TUNING

Hi, Spandan Kumar Sahu

Thanks for your reply. And your suggestion is very helpful to me.

The following is my proposal's link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LCNCx-q2vXCO0A9xmQAaXMrEFr_MSy5Y4gPZonxDuHE/edit?usp=sharing

I would be happy to share my experience.

It may be helpful, if you email me the screenshot with errors.

Also, the following steps may give you some clues.

First, you can clone from github with

      git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:ceph/ceph

or, if you are not a github user,

     git clone git://github.com/ceph/ceph

Second, Ceph contains many git submodules that need to be checked out with

     git submodule update --init --recursive

And then,  build prerequisites with

     ./install-deps.sh

At last, building ceph.

Build instructions:

      ./do_cmake.sh

      cd build
       make

The next step is to run a test cluster

     ../src/vstart.sh -d -n -x -l

     ./bin/ceph -s

You can see "health HEALTH_OK".

Thanks.
Hequan

Hequan Zhang
Phone: +86 158-0279-2436
Room 408, Building B
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Wuhan, Hubei 430074