Re: Ceph-deploy for FreeBSD

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Nathan Cutler <ncutler@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Willem:
>
> It sounds like you are trying to use the sysvinit scripts? These have been
> unmaintained (presumably with lots of weeds growing up) since infernalis.
> Until now I have been assuming that all init systems other than systemd
> (sysvinit, upstart, etc.) are deprecated in Ceph.

Yeah. In particular, the scripts generally set up some magic to turn
on daemons instead of enumerating them in the ceph.conf. I forget how
the OSDs work but it's some hotplug system, and I think maybe the
monitor scripts just look for any monitor directories and start them?
Don't really remember.
-Greg