Ceph-deploy for FreeBSD

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody to help me get ceph-deploy running on FreeBSD...

I can get it to install with pip install, and the local part runs.
But then rouble starts already rather fast:

----
 # ceph-deploy -v -v --username wjw install cephtest
[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Installing stable version jewel on cluster
ceph hosts cephtest
[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Detecting platform for host cephtest ...
Password for wjw@cephtest:
Password for wjw@cephtest:
[cephtest][DEBUG ] connection detected need for sudo
Password for wjw@cephtest:
[cephtest][DEBUG ] connected to host: wjw@cephtest
[cephtest][DEBUG ] detect platform information from remote host
[ceph_deploy][ERROR ] UnsupportedPlatform: Platform is not supported:
----

Which is due to the fact that python on FreeBSD does not fill the
Linux_distribution info:
>>> print platform.linux_distribution()

Anybody out there that can help me get my head wrapped around this
remote exec stuff and get  platform_information() to return some
informative info back, like in ceph-detect-init.

After that I'll have to add the FreeBSD pkg package manager, but that
code seems more clear to me. Which would result in largely a copy/modify
exercise.

Thanx,
--WjW