Re: Toying with a FreeBSD cluster results in a crash

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08-04-17 05:33, kefu chai wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm playing with my/a FreeBSD test cluster.
>>> It is full with different types of disks, and sometimes they are not
>>> very new.
>>>
>>> The deepscrub on it showed things like:
>>>  filestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.7) error creating
>>> #-1:4962ce63:::inc_osdmap.705:0#
>>> (/var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.7/current/meta/inc\uosdmap
>>> .705__0_C6734692__none) in index: (87) Attribute not found
>>
>> filestore stores subdir states using xattr, could you check the xattr
>> of your meta collection using something like:
>>
>>  lsextattr user /var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.7/current/meta
>>
>> if nothing shows up, did you enable the xattr on the mounted fs in
>> which /var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.7/current/meta is located?
>
> This is on ZFS, and there attributes are on per default.
>
> I checked other parts of the OSD files and several other did have
> attributes. But everything in this directory had nothing set.

that sounds weird. looks like a bug. can you reproduce it?

> Now the trick question is if it can recover from a crash like this:
>>> /usr/ports/net/ceph/work/ceph-wip.FreeBSD/src/osd/OSD.cc: 3360:
>>> FAILED assert(0 == "Missing map in load_pgs")
>
> If it depends on infomation in its local tree, things might be too
> corrupt to restart it...

yes, the osdmap is stored in the meta collection, which in turn misses
the subdir states stored in the xattr.

> But if it needs to be fetched from the rest of the cluster, I had a
> different type of problem?

maybe you can rebuild that osd? the meta collection is different from
one osd to another, i am not sure if we can copy it over from anther
osd.

--
Regards
Kefu Chai