Interested in GSoC 2017 Project: Commands for CephFS client Auth Caps creation.

Hello developers,

I'm Vivek Kukreja pursuing masters at IIT Dhanbad India. I'm
interested in contributing to Ceph under GSoC this year as a student.
I'm new to Ceph and i'm going through the basic documentation now. I
am interested in the following project idea:
Ceph-mgr: Commands for cephfs client authentication capabilities creation.

For better understanding, I'm trying to set up a basic cluster with 5
VM's to eventually be able to create a ceph filesystem. I'm following
this link: http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/Ceph_Vagrant_Setup
I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 with 8GB RAM which may not be sufficient for
the purpose. If there is any other preffered method to set up a test
cluster for running cephfs please suggest.

Also, please suggest any docs i should read or tasks prerequisite to
applying for GSoC. If there is another group for GSoC related queries,
please redirect me to it.

Regards,
Vivek