Re: Breakage in Clang compile....

Whilst I agree clang has some advantages I also understand from
watching recent videos that it has some disadvantages/shortcomings as
well (can't remember the specifics atm). Whilst I don't agree we
should be switching to clang I do suggest we should be compiling with
it regularly since it can pick up problems that gcc may not.

My 2c.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM, liuchang0812 <liuchang0812@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> clang's compile warn is clearer than gcc

>> On 9-2-2017 17:18, Bassam Tabbara wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’m curious are there specific advantages to compiling Ceph with
>>> clang vs. gcc? I understand that clang uses less memory, compiles
>>> faster, and has better errors/diagnostics, but as it relates to Ceph
>>> is there any specific advantages?
>>>
>>> Is there a plan to switching to clang?
>>
>> There are a few reasons for also using Clang:
>>  - Clang finds other types of issues in the code.
>>         I think the speed, mem-footprint advantages you mention are not
>>         (yet) the case.
>>  - FreeBSD has Clang as native compiler, and I'm preparing a Ceph port
>>    to FreeBSD.
>>
>> Thanx for fixing this, I saw the PR fly by.
>>
>> --WjW
>>
>>> Thanks! Bassam

>> error: array initializer must be an initializer list
>>>>

>> note: in instantiation of member function

>> --

Cheers,
Brad