Re: Cinder doesn't work with the current rados python bindings

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 08:39:03AM -0500, Jason Dillaman wrote:
> In the short and medium term, there isn't any way to get multiple
> versions of OpenStack to stop directly parsing librbd configuration
> options and switch to new API methods. The only reason they are
> overriding the default image features is to ensure layering support is
> enabled. In the C/C++ APIs, we have a clean way [1] to add individual
> features while keeping the default feature set, but this isn't
> currently exposed in the Python API.
>
> For the Kraken release, I think the only two real options are to (1)
> add internal support for a config validator that takes the human
> friendly, comma delimited feature names and automatically converts
> them to the integer that has previously been expected, or (2) revert
> the change and go back to using a non-user friendly bitmask.

(3) Hardcode rbd_default_features in common/config_opts.h to its
numerical value (currently it should work both way). It would make
cinder (and other users who parse rbd_default_features) happy until it
is explicitly set in the config using a new way (as a list of feature
names). Document this restriction -- cinder users who want to change
rbd_default_features in ceph.conf would need to continue to use a
numeric value.

This may be used as workaround on currently affected installations.
Victor, could you please try to set rbd_default_features in ceph.conf
to its numeric value (61) and see if it fixes the issue?

--
Mykola Golub