Re: use ceph-ci.git to get repositories out of dev branches

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12-12-2016 13:48, Alfredo Deza wrote:
>> **REMINDER**
>>
>> Please, push development branches to ceph-ci.git to get
>> repositories/binaries built.
>>
>> We are scheduled to restrict permissions to ceph.git in a few days.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> As announced on November 23rd, please start pushing development
>>> branches to ceph-ci.git (https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ci) to get
>>> repositories.
>>>
>>> This doesn't change reporting in https://shaman.ceph.com and it
>>> shouldn't affect testing via teuthology.
>>>
>>> The ceph.git repository will continue to build binaries and
>>> repositories for another week to help transitioning.
>>>
>>> If you have any issues, please mention them in the #sepia or
>>> #ceph-devel channels to me (alfredodeza) or Andrew Schoen
>>> (andrewschoen).
>
> Hi Alfredo,
>
> Not being a native git-citizen, this is perhaps a bit to cryptic for me.
>
> So instead of makeing PRs in my ceph-fork, I should
>         fork ceph-ci
>         new PRs should be submitted from this fork against ceph-ci.
> ??
>
> Any suggestions on how to migrate my current ceph-fork to a
> ceph-ci-fork? Or am I going to "lose" all my changes in the log of the
> current, and transfer the changes thru diff/patch..

Don't worry, if you are just opening pull requests then none of this
affects you.

The change is that when we wanted to build branches for testing, we
pushed them to ceph.git.  Now we push things that we want to build to
ceph-ci.git.  Pull requests are still opened against ceph.git.

Cheers,
John