RE: disk enclosure LEDs

I agree. For the HW vendors, I think it's Ceph's job to execute some kind of command on the local node (presumably, some kind of shell command). The vendor should take over from there.

I'd assume that one version of the shell command would be a simple wrapper around libstoragemgmt. So you'd have your choice of either extending libstoragemgmt, or writing a command-line utility that did your special thing (whatever it was).

Allen Samuels
SanDisk |a Western Digital brand
2880 Junction Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134
T: +1 408 801 7030| M: +1 408 780 6416
allen.samuels@xxxxxxxxxxx