Re: disk enclosure LEDs

On 2016-12-01T00:15:25, John Spray <jspray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Put another way, I'd like it to be the case that people who want to
> twiddle LEDs can write a ceph-mgr module that does that, rather than
> having to push out a libstoragemgmt-enabled agent to the Ceph servers.

I'm not sure I agree.

I understand some of the motivation, but the key use cases where I'd
want to "twiddle LEDs" involve enclosures that either don't yet have an
OSD deployed (e.g., where to plug in the new disk), or where the OSD has
failed (and may not even be able to start).

And I don't want to have to maintain multiple paths for interacting with
the enclosures.