bluestore, and how to handle buggy kernels

Under load BlueStore triggers this bug

	http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1993181

in 3.13.0-100-generic, the original trusty 14.04 kernel.  We currently do
most of the Ceph testing on trusty, xenial, and centos 7.x, and we use the
default/original distro kernels (vs the latest ones) exactly so that we
notice when kernel bugs like this rear their heads.

(We had an embarassing problem with firefly where a bug in the old precise
12.04 kernel affected users but we were testing with the latest ubuntu
kernel.)

Anyway, that's good and all, but the question is how to deal with it now
that we know this kernel is problematic.

1) Reproduce the aio bug reproducer in the OSD, and refuse to start if the
host kernel is buggy.

2) Same as 1, but only if bluestore is enabled.  (This shouldn't affect
the aio we use for the FileStore journal bc we never have 128 IOs in
flight.)

Assuming we do one of those, we'll also need to stop using this kernel in
the QA environment because it will fail.  That makes me lean towards (1).

Zack, this means we'll need to do something different with the kernel task
so that we avoid using this particular kernel for the 'distro' kernel.
Which, in turn, means we may want to rethink how that currently works,
since there are a whole range of kernels that users might have installed
on an LTS ubuntu release (or a centos 7.x release).  I wonder if we should
have a list of possible kernels that will be used and pick one at random
or something so that we get some coverage?  E.g., for centos, we might
want to do either the latest or any of the initial kernels bundled with
each of the 7.x releases (which are probably the most likely ones to be
installed).

Thoughts?
sage