Re: Mismatching nonce for 'ceph osd.0 tell'

On 3-10-2016 19:50, Gregory Farnum wrote:
>> Question here is:
>>   If I ask 'ceph osd dump', I'm actually asking ceph-mon.
>>   And cehp-mon has learned this from (crush?)maps being sent to it by
>>   ceph-osd.
>
> The monitor has learned about specific IP addresses/nonces/etc via
> MOSDBoot messages from the OSDs. The crush locations are set via
> monitor command messages, generally invoked as part of the init
> scripts. Maps are generated entirely on the monitor. :)
>
>> Is there an easy way to debug/monitor the content of what ceph-osd sends
>> and ceph-mon receives in the maps?
>> Just to make sure that it is clear where the problem occurs.
>
> You should be able to see the info going in and out by bumping the
> debug levels up — every message's "print" function is invoked when
> it's sent/received as long as you have "debug ms = 1". It looks like
> the MOSDBoot message doesn't natively dump its addresses but you can
> add them easily if you need to.

Hi Greg,

Thanx for the answer....

I've got debug_ms already pumped up all the way to 20.
So I do get to see what addresses are selected during bind. But still
they do not end up at the MON, and 'ceph osd dump' reports:
	:/0
as bind address.

I'm going to add some more debugs to actually see what MOSDBoot is doing....

It looks like I've tackled most of the EventKqueue forking trouble, by
keeping a full administration.
Got to make some more FreeBSD tests to see if I'm actually solving what
I think is the problem. :)

--WjW