Re: libcephfs-java bindings built but not showing up in debian repository

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Noah Watkins <noahwatkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to track down why the Java Debian packages are not showing
>>> up in the Jewel repository:
>>>
>>> Looking in the repository for jewel I see the JNI bindings deb:
>>>
>>>    http://download.ceph.com/debian-jewel/pool/main/c/ceph/
>>>    libcephfs-jni_10.2.1-1trusty_amd64.deb 13-May-2016 23:53 20368086
>>>
>>> but not the deb file containing the Java bits (libcephfs-java).
>>
>> Hmm, that's the official release packages, which I think aren't
>> produced using all the same stuff as the gitbuilders. Does
>> libcephfs-java get built the same way as the JNI bindings? I know we
>> have a separate gitbuilder for Hadoop JARs...
>
> The release packages are not produced using the same process as gitbuilders.
>
> This is an example output of Trusty building Jewel:
>
>     https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-build/ARCH=x86_64,DIST=trusty,MACHINE_SIZE=huge/133/consoleFull
>
> At the end of the build, the process looks for files in:
> `release/$VERSION` which in the previous case would be
> `release/10.2.2`
>
> All binaries are placed there and that is what ends up being consumed.
>
> This is the actual file that builds debs for upstream releases:
>
>     https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/master/ceph-build/build/build_deb
>
> The part that actually calls pbuilder to produce the binaries and then
> copy them to our centralized binary store is:
>
>     https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/blob/master/ceph-build/build/build_deb#L165-L194

As part of the migration out of gitbuilders and into the new CI
system, we are now having issues where libcephfs-java is not getting
built.

We tried debugging and are a bit lost on what is required to get this
built. The make flags seem correct (to me), and include
WITH_CEPHFS_JAVA=ON

Recent gitbuilder output shows this line that is missing when we build
in Jenkins (and official releases as well):

    install -d debian/libcephfs-java

If anyone can point us in the right direction, that would be great.
The teuthology integration is blocked on this currently and we are
running out of ideas.

Recent sample output from Jenkins that doesn't have libcephfs-java:

https://jenkins.ceph.com/job/ceph-dev-build/ARCH=x86_64,AVAILABLE_ARCH=x86_64,AVAILABLE_DIST=xenial,DIST=xenial,MACHINE_SIZE=huge/826/consoleFull