Re: cache tier on rgw index pool

I seriously doubt that it's ever going to be a winning strategy to let
rgw index objects go to a cold tier.  Some practical problems:
1) We don't track omap size (the leveldb entries for an object)
because it would turn writes into rmw's -- so they always show up as 0
size.  Thus, the target_max_bytes param is going to be useless.
2) You can't store omap objects on an ec pool at all, so if the base
pool is an ec pool, nothing will ever be demoted.
3) We always promote whole objects.

As to point 2., I'm guessing that Greg meant that OSDs don't care
about each other's leveldb instances *directly* since leveldb itself
is behind two layers of interfaces (one osd might have bluestore using
rocksdb, while the other might have filestore with some other
key-value db entirely).  Of course, replication -- certainly including
the omap entries -- still happens, but at the object level rather than
at the key-value db level.
-Sam