Re: filestore_fiemap is bad, memstore is buggy.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Sage Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was adding tests for clone_range in preparation for improving the
> bluestore implementation and got stuck on memstore and filestore bugs!
>
> The most alarming is that filestore very quickly fails the tests if
> filestore_fiemap is enabled.  It's off by default (phew!) but the
> ceph_test_objectstore test was explicitly enabling it to get better
> coverage.  For now I've just removed that so we stick with the default (no
> fiemap == good).  I wonder if we should consider removing fiemap from the
> code entirely, though, since it is clearly buggy, even on a modern kernel
> (I'm running 4.4 and XFS).

I tried with the new test case, I found even disable fiemap, I will
ran into failure. So I suspect the splice codes, I disable it, test
passed.

But fiemap and seek_data/seek_hole is still failing even disable
splice, I would like to dive into more to verify our codes if correct
since _do_seek_hole_data is copied from fiemap....