RE: should we remove autotools from master?

More info:
I think that the link problem is probably because /usr/lib is missing from the *link_directories* in "makefiles" of some ceph executables (even though they are linked with -lxio).  (ceph-osd probably gets /usr/lib because it takes tcmalloc from that directory)

I believe I will be able to fix it. However, I am putting that effort on hold for the moment as we are focusing on releasing new version of ceph with xio in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
  Avner