RE: should we remove autotools from master?

Hi,

Thanks for the PR notice.

I don't have any comment on the PR itself.  Only that I am not familiar with cmake and I don't manage to compile ceph with xio after cmake. Neither I manage to fix the cmake files.

I am using cmake -DWITH_XIO=ON, then - at make - I am getting many "undefined reference" link errors for xio symbols.  The point is that the link errors seems to only come from *ceph test applications*. (ceph-mon and ceph-osd are built correctly with xio).

For example:
make ceph_test_mon_workloadgen => FAIL
make ceph-osd => succeed

I positively know that ceph-osd was built with xio because I double checked it using:

$ ldd bin/ceph-osd | grep libxio
        libxio.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxio.so.0 (0x00007fd84d4b9000)

(also, I now that src/test/mon/CMakeFiles/ceph_test_mon_workloadgen.dir/link.txt does contain "-lxio")

regards,
  Avner