Re: why rbd journaling first write journal to journal pool and then write data

Hi, Ricardo

I got what you mean.

First of all, if we enable the rbd journaling, currently  write
latency will be doubled since it should wait for finish of the write
operation.

So If the issue is what you mentioned above. I think we have some
other ways to solve it. For example, we can snapshot the primary image
and run a whole image scan to find those objects which is different
from each other. And then delete the snapshot on the primary and
continue to replying journal again.  In this way, we can also maintain
the image consistency?
Regards
Ning Yao