Re: linux 4.7.0 rbd client kernel panic when OSD process was killed by OOM

The problem with the swap file/partition is that I've seen OSD grow
past 64GB in size.
With previous OOMs, I've seen one to four (out of eight to twelve
OSDs) OOM on a single host.
And I've had times when one OOM cascades into additional OOMs on other hosts.

For this last OOM event, we think that the client rbds (168+) hit the
100 snapshot limit and they all started pruning at the same time.
It's possible that we had both pruning and snapshoting happening at
the same time (not on the same rbd).
Also, when the rbds reach 100 snapshots, a prune follows every
snapshot creation (oops, we're fixing that).

--
Victor Payno
ビクター·ペイン

Sr. Release Engineer
シニアリリースエンジニア

Gaikai, a Sony Computer Entertainment Company   ∆○×□
ガイカイ、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント傘下会社
65 Enterprise
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 USA

Web: www.gaikai.com