Re: [Feature request] config diff on a single option with the admin socket

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, Sebastien Han wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

I'd like to have the same but for a specific option only.

So something like:

ceph daemon mon.ceph-mon-01 config diff get <field>

Which will return the diff between the actual config value and the
original config value.

I might be able to help with this, if there's no support that anyone already knows of, or clear takers. I'm working on a small config-related librados feature right now and am somewhat familiar with the relevant moving parts on that end, so I might be in a good position to work on it.

WRT the admin socket, I'm less clear, but can be pointed in the right direction. :-)

-Jesse