bluestore checksum enable/disable behavior

Hi All,

During read regression testing I realized that one can't disable checksum verification on read if corresponding blob was created with csum verification enabled.

More detailed overview is below.

We have "bluestore csum" flag in ceph config that currently enables/disables csum generation for blob writing only. It appeared that this flag has no impact on the read request handling. During blob reading we simply check whether csum tag is attached for the blob and verify csum if it's there.

The question is if such behavior is OK or we need finer way to control csum verification on read?

I can see a couple of ways to improve that.

1) Use "bluestore csum" flag during the reading too.

2) Introduce another flag ("bluestore csum on read"?) to have explicit control on read handling. Thus we'll have independent control on both read and write.

The second way is more flexible but IMHO is an overkill hence I vote for 1).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Igor