Re: ceph-mds jewel backports leak

Hi John,

On 07/07/2016 12:54, John Spray wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> While testing the CephFS jewel backports found in the jewel-backports branch, we ran into a memory leak that consistently happen:
>>
>> http://pulpito.ceph.com/loic-2016-06-16_02:28:14-fs-jewel-backports---basic-smithi/263842
>
> The client leak is a false positive, I'm not sure what is triggering
> it (it seems to only happen on centos nodes, and not be silenced by
> the suppression that we have in the valgrind config).
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14794

Thanks for that, I'm relieved :-)

http://pulpito.ceph.com/loic-2016-06-28_23:43:39-fs-jewel---basic-smithi/282493/ is indeed running on Ubuntu

> The MDS leaks are currently ignored in the ceph.py task (yuck!) so
> they're probably happening everywhere else too and you can ignore
> them.

And the reason why it show on jewel is probably because the ceph.py task in ceph-qa-suite jewel branch does not ignore leaks. I took notes so we remember it's a false positive http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16344#note-9

Thanks !

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre