Re: RBD volumes for bare-metal hosts

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The code for exclusive-lock, object-map and fast-diff is pretty much
> ready.  We had a large prerequisite that had to go in before any of
> these and it's been merged into 4.7, so it's now a matter of review and
> more comprehensive testing.  deep-flatten isn't ready, but should
> follow shortly after.

This sounds great.

> No concrete plans for mirroring support yet.

AFAIK the sole dependency for mirroring (from RBD volume
consumer's POV) is journaling that in turn requires exclusive-lock.
Having the last one in the code base opens a door for the whole
feature. The user-space daemon (rbd-mirror) and tooling might be
reused. Is that correct?

Regards,
Radek