Re: Dramatic performance drop at certain number of objects in pool

On 20 June 2016 at 09:21, Blair Bethwaite <blair.bethwaite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> slow request issues). If you watch your xfs stats you'll likely get
> further confirmation. In my experience xs_dir_lookups balloons (which
> means directory lookups are missing cache and going to disk).

Murphy's a bitch. Today we upgraded a cluster to latest Hammer in
preparation for Jewel/RHCS2. Turns out when we last hit this very
problem we had only ephemerally set the new filestore merge/split
values - oops. Here's what started happening when we upgraded and
restarted a bunch of OSDs:
https://au-east.erc.monash.edu.au/swift/v1/public/grafana-ceph-xs_dir_lookup.png

Seemed to cause lots of slow requests :-/. We corrected it about
12:30, then still took a while to settle.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo