Re: Current Progress of librados rocksdb backend (06/06/2016)

[Copying ceph-devel so that interest parties can take a look]

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, Ryne Li wrote:
> Hi Sage,
> Most code is in following file,
>
>     https://github.com/ryneli/rocksdb/blob/master/utilities/env_librados.cc
>
> Test code is in file,
>
>    https://github.com/ryneli/rocksdb/blob/master/utilities/env_librados_test
> .cc

This is great!  I opened a PR against our rocksdb repo just so I could
comment on the code:

	https://github.com/ceph/rocksdb/pull/8

I made a bunch of comments.  This looks like a great start!

My main question is what the purpose of the xattr functions is.  I don't
see any callers, and I think an omap object for the directory mapping
should be sufficient.

It looks like there are a bunch of Makefile changes in that commit that
probably don't need to be included?

sage