Re: HowTo use spdk as Bluestore block device in v10.2.0

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 8:43 AM, 李 天祥 <lanceflee@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thx!
>
> BTW,
>
> We have thought about if it is a waste to put only 1 OSD on a whole NVMe
> SSD, especially a high-end one, such as Intel DC P3700.
>
> And we read some spdk codes, noticed that it is band with NVMe namespace.
>
> Theoretically, a NVMe SSD can be multi-namespaces by partition LBAs.
> Each namespace has its own Submission/Completion Queues, so it would work well.
>
> But now, took P3700 as an example, it only supports NVMe v1.0, and the Namespace
> Management Cmd Sets is not supported yet. It would be easier to create namespaces someday.
>

> And "os/bluestore/NVMEDevices.cc" identifies 1 namespace per SSD too.
>
> Hopes to see multi-namespaces support to make full use of SSDs.

yep, from my current view, I hope bluestore can do device sharding as
mentioned recently on ceph-devel ML. so nvmedevice can directly
divided into multi partition to make full use of.

And you can check the newest
pr(https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/8503) since I made a performance
regression for Jewel release....