Re: Running Test Scripts without CMake Environment Variables

On 19-4-2016 15:59, Matt Benjamin wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> What are the main barriers to using CMake on FreeBSD?  My only data
> point about it is nfs-ganesha builds, but my understanding has been,
> it's worked for that for a few years.

Hi Matt,

To name a few:

I did not understand that Cmake was the direction of Ceph when I started
last November...

When I started porting I got a few error messages from Cmake. And given
the fact that I'm more familiar with (g)make and autobuild, I chose that
route. I know Cmake exists, and that is about it. So that is again a
tool/language to learn. Autobuild is also far from perfect, but whacking
at it is relatively easy.

It seemed to know little about Clang, if I remember correctly, but it is
like 6 months ago.

Before investing "porting"/migrating to another build tool I prefer to
have at least a working testset. So my focus is mostly on that.

So no real practical ones, just a matter of my current choices.

But perhaps I should give it a try again and see what comes of it..

--WjW