proposed ceph 10.1.0 release candidate & jenkins fix

Hi Alfredo,

Now that ceph-disk and ceph-detect-init are proper python modules, building Ceph uses pip and make check runs tox, which is great. When install-deps.sh runs, it prepares a directory (wheel) with dependencies, which allows pip install to run with no network access. And also seamlessly enables the developer to get the latest dependencies when working online.

Unfortunately it also created a problem when used in conjunction with jenkins. The long path used by jenkins overflows pip limitations. These long paths are a recurring annoyance but since there does not seem to be a way to convince Jenkins to shorten them, I fixed Ceph to accommodate jenkins[1].

In the meantime the packages for 10.1.0 have been built (off the current tip of the jewel branch) using the same process[2] as the previous development release (10.0.5) and are available at:

http://ceph-releases.dachary.org/debian-testing/
http://ceph-releases.dachary.org/rpm-testing/

This is a drop-in replacement for http://download.ceph.com. The key used to sign the packages is at http://ceph-releases.dachary.org/release-key.asc
We did not run into problems, primarily because we've been using the same build process when running jobs on a dynamically provisioned OpenStack teuthology cluster.

Cheers

[1] python: avoid long path https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/8250
[2] HOWTO publish a release http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_publish_a_release

--