RE: Adding compression support for bluestore.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Allen Samuels wrote:
> As described earlier, we can easily afford the cost of setting
> min_alloc_size to 4KB. I don't see any advantage in handling the larger
> allocation sizes -- only disadvantages.

That too.  The original motivation was driven by HDD behavior: if we have
a 4KB overwrite we're better off doing a WAL record and async overwrite
that allocating a new 4KB extent and overfragmenting the object.  But the
same thing can be accomplished as policy in _do_write without restricting
the size of allocations.

This is all assuming we get the allocator/freelist memory under control,
which we need to do anyway.

sage