Re: rbd_aio_flush cause guestos sync wirte poor iops?

As previously mentioned [1], the fio rbd engine ignores the "sync" option.  You need to use "fsync=1" to issue a flush after each write to simulate what "sync=1" is doing.  When running fio within a VM against an RBD image, QEMU is not issuing sync writes to RBD -- it's issuing AIO writes and a AIO flush (as instructed by the guest OS).  Looking at the man page for O_SYNC [2], which is what that fio option enables in supported engines, that flag will act "as though each write(2) was followed by a call to fsync(2)".

[1] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2016-February/007780.html
[2] http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/open.2.html

--

Jason Dillaman