Re: [GSoC2016] BlueStore SMR Support

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks Giridhar for the link.

Hi Rick,

> Just keep in mind that different vendors have different behaviors - you will
> need to tweak it I assume to make it act like the drive you are interested
> in.

There is a T10 and T13 standardization for interfaces (ZBC and ZAC
standard). libzbc also follows these standards. From libzbc README

"libzbc implemention is compliant with the latest drafts of
the ZBC and ZAC standards defined by INCITS technical committee T10 and
T13 (respectively)."

I plan to keep the scope of the project such that the allocator will
interact with the libzbc interface in emulated mode which is T10 and
T13 standard compliant. Once the allocator works on libzbc emulated
mode, it can run on disks that support ZBC/ZAC commands. Again from
README.

"In addition to supporting ZBC and ZAC disks, libzbc also implements an
emulation mode allowing emulating the behavior of a host-managed zoned
disks using a regular file or a raw standard block device as backing
storage."

 Is there any other vendor specific behaviour that I should consider?

Thanks,
Shehbaz

--
Shehbaz Jaffer