Re: make error while building ceph

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Jai <jai_97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> after build and install, these commands are supposed to work - right ?
> I dont see a rados.py in the tree. I tried copying rados.pyx and .pxd
> to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages, but that didn't help. There
> was a bug reported on this a while ago, but don't know if it was
> fixed.
>

> ceph -v
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ceph", line 108, in <module>
>     import rados
> ImportError: No module named rados
> [jai@localhost ceph]$ lsmod |grep ceph  --> nothing

The module you're looking for is built into a rados.so file, in
src/pybind/build/ (this is a recent change in master)

It is definitely getting installed in built RPM/deb packages, so
possibly something is going wrong here in the "make install" step in
your environment.  Make install should be running a "python setup.py
build install" type command line (see pybind/rados/Makefile.am
install-exec section): look for that in the output of make install and
see where it's putting your rados module.

John