Re: Undefined Ref for simple prog

On 03/12/2015, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> I'm trying to do some testing of Ceph components specifically around
> the OP queues. I'm trying to use the class in a simple program where I
> will do my testing, but I can't resolve one problem. I've had to
> include  types.h as forward defining the Formatter class (already
> included/forward defined in the base class). This is based on my PR
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/6781 .

Ceph's assert is infelicitous. The libcommon static library
has the definitions in src/common/assert.cc. It depends on other
things, though, so the easiest thing to do, if you're using autotools, is just
to add a target to one of the Makefile.am scripts (probably in src/test)
that uses CEPH_GLOBAL as its library. If you just copy and modify one
of the targets for the binary tests, your program will get built as part of the
unittests target.

(You'll have to build src/gmock and src/gmock/gtest manually to call make
unittests on its own.)

If you're using cmake, it's simpler. Just copy one of the
add_executable/target_link_libraries pairs in src/test/CMakeLists.txt and modify
as appropriate. Your executable will be built as part of the default CMake
target.

--
Senior Software Engineer           Red Hat Storage, Ann Arbor, MI, US
IRC: Aemerson@{RedHat, OFTC, Freenode}