Re: newstore direction

On 10/21/2015 08:53 PM, Allen Samuels wrote:
Fixing the bug doesn't take a long time. Getting it deployed is where the delay is. Many companies standardize on a particular release of a particular distro. Getting them to switch to a new release -- even a "bug fix" point release -- is a major undertaking that often is a complete roadblock. Just my experience. YMMV.

Customers do control the pace that they upgrade their machines, but we put out fixes on a very regular pace. A lot of customers will get fixes without having to qualify a full new release (i.e., fixes come out between major and minor releases are easy).

If someone is deploying a critical server for storage, then it falls back on the storage software team to help guide them and encourage them to update when needed (and no promises of success, but people move if the win is big. If it is not, they can wait).

ric