More accurate of how degrade a PG is

Hi,
Looking at the reporting from command line tools (ceph status, pg query, etc), I don't find a way to tell how degraded the recovering objects are for a given PG. The use case could be, when doing deployment, we don't want to stop the procedure upon a recovering PG, but at the same time, we don't want to stop an OSD which could bring *unfound* objects (or even stuck at peering PG).

Any idea how we could query those information? Or should we expose those information from CLI, some ways I can think of:
 1. Implement a command line option like "ceph osd could-down <ids> [<ids>...]" which would examine if the down of the given OSD(s) would bring problems?
 2. Instead of just warning for "degraded", we also warn if a PG could further lose OSDs, so that we stop upon having that warning?

Thanks,
Guang 		 	   		  --