Re: Ceph Write Path Improvement

On 09/03/2015 11:23 AM, Robert LeBlanc wrote:

Somnath,

I'm having a hard time with your slide deck. Am I understanding
correctly that the default Hammer install was performed on SSDs with
co-located journals, but the optimized code was performed on the same
SSDs but the journal was in NVRAM? If so I'm having a hard time
understanding how these tests can be comparable. I really like the
performance gains you are seeing, but I'm trying to understand how
much the optimized code alone helps performance.

Hi Robert,

We talked about this a bit at the weekly performance meeting. I think Somnath just hasn't gotten a chance to do those tests yet and is planning on doing them in the coming weeks. I believe he started out with hammer on the SSDs and then tried to figure out how to tweak things to make the NVRAM configuration perform better. Now he has to go back and retest the original configuration but with the new code.

Mark