Re: Hammer backport and bypassing procedure

On 29/08/2015 07:46, Abhishek Varshney wrote:> Hi Loic,

Nathan had a similar idea and asked that the "Integration Passed" status is added to the Backport tracker (see http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11824). We should start using it.

That makes senses. We should amend http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_populate_the_integration_branch to also select merged commits that have not seen tests. Note that the hammer branch also is tested, automatically (the test plan is documented at http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_monitor_the_automated_tests_AKA_nightlies). So, once a PR is merged, it will eventually be tested in this way.

>  4. If the integration branch encounters failures, we know it could be because of the PRs which had bypassed tests and we know what those PRs are from step 1.

This is going in the right direction :-) That's a lot of manual updating though and it would be great of teuthology could update the issues / PRs with test results so we don't have to manually maintain that inventory.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre