Re: infernalis feature freeze

It'd be nice to get omap in the python bindings, it's been a pain not
having it several times:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/5272

On 08/12/2015 02:20 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
The infernalis feature freeze is coming up Real Soon Now.  I've marked
some of the pull requests on github that I would like to see merged.
Please take a look:

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3Ainfernalis

Ideally we should focus our testing efforts on whatever is on this list.

I didn't look at the bug fix PRs carefully since generally these go in
once tested regardless of any feature freeze, but I suggest we mark things
that need to make it into infernalis anyway so that we focus our efforts.

The big items on my list that are pending testing are:

	wip-newstore-sort (teuthology running now)
	wip-newstore (will be marked experimental)
	wip-osd-compat (enforces upgrades include hammer, needs qa)
	wip-user (run daemons as user 'ceph')
	proxy writes (Sam is testing this)
	bufferlist tuning (performance)
	MOSDOp staged decoding (performance)

There's tons of other stuff pending that is not on this list.  As always,
our ability to merge code is limited primarily on our ability to test
it--we can't afford to destabilize core ceph by merging something that we
aren't confident will work correctly and will not easily break down the
line.  If you have something pending that you want to get in, the single
biggest thing you can do to help that happen is to write more or better
tests for it (e.g., things that run during 'make check') and to run the
teuthology regression suite (see Loic's recent blogs about doing this with
OpenStack[1]).

Thanks!
sage

[1] http://dachary.org/?p=3852