Re: reconciliation between firefly and v0.80.8.2

On 07/24/2015 11:06 AM, Loic Dachary wrote:
> * build: remove LIBPERFGLUE from LIBMDS
>   is unique to v0.80.8.2 and it is unclear why it was found to be usefu in
>   isolation. An issue for firefly backport of
>   http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10691 was open at
>   http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/12461#note-1

Yeah, to shed more light why we found that patch to be important downstream:

The RHEL product has strict requirements about support, stability, ABI
guarantees, etc. Our team's able to support the gperftools-libs package
for the Ceph product, but not for all of RHEL. Since
/usr/bin/ceph-dencoder was only thing in ceph-common that links again
libtcmalloc, if we could fix the over-linking there, then we avoid the
whole issue.

The downstream BZ that corresponds to that ceph.com Redmine ticket is
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1186953 in case anyone's interested.

- Ken