Re: systemd support

On 07/03/2015 04:21 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:
> [cc'ing ceph-devel in case someone else has the answer]
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I know very little about systemd and I'd like to learn more. My understanding
> is that we have some support in the current master branch, but it is
> incomplete. Are there differences with what I would find in the Red Hat
> Storage 1.3 packages ? If I'm not mistaken RHEL7 uses systemd, therefore I
> guess there may be a better support there. Unless it's using the legacy
> sysvinit files ?

Hi Loic,

The RHCS product is using the legacy sysvinit scripts that are upstream.
I doubt we'll use systemd unit files to manage the services in RHCS
until those land upstream and get a lot of testing there.

There is a ticket to track the incorporation of systemd unit files for
the services, here: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11344 . That ticket
has some more details regarding the current situation upstream.

>From what I recall, both SUSE and Ubuntu have implemented systemd unit
files downstream for the Ceph MON/OSD/MDS services.

- Ken