Re: Nightly "Kernel branch not found" errors

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We are getting this error in what looks like everything that specifies
>> the testing kernel. (That turns out to be almost all of the FS tests
>> and a surprising number of the non-rados runs; e.g. rgw.) I've checked
>> that the testing branch of ceph-client.git still exists and when
>> looking at the teuthology git logs the recent ping-pong of commits on
>> kernel flavors et al stand out. Any ideas? :)
>
> Which lab is this in?  Latest rgw and fs in sepia look fine.
>
> Kernel task was broken the entire last week but in a different way -
> when scheduled with teuthology-suite it wouldn't install anything even
> if you told it to install e.g. testing.  I fixed that on Friday.
>
> Looks like this is coming from create_initial_config().  Could be an
> environment issue, like down gitbuilders or a problem with requests
> module?  Kernel branch is checked before the others so it may not have
> anything to do with it at all.

It's happening across labs for tests that were supposed to be
scheduled starting on the 29 (at least, that I've noticed). I think
this issue is before they get into pulpito, which is why the latest fs
suite run there was scheduled on May 27. :(
Looking at the gitbuliders I do see that the CentOS6 testing branch is
red and rhel7 appears to be down...maybe we're checking on more of
them now and then failing when those don't appear? :/
-Greg