Nightly "Kernel branch not found" errors

We are getting this error in what looks like everything that specifies
the testing kernel. (That turns out to be almost all of the FS tests
and a surprising number of the non-rados runs; e.g. rgw.) I've checked
that the testing branch of ceph-client.git still exists and when
looking at the teuthology git logs the recent ping-pong of commits on
kernel flavors et al stand out. Any ideas? :)
-Greg