creating images for teuthology VMs

Hi Zack,

The easier path to get images (fedora-21-amd64, ubuntu-14.04-i386, etc. etc.) I can think of is by injecting an ssh key in cloud images such as

     http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/trusty/current/trusty-server-cloudimg-arm64-disk1.img

using a config drive. The rationale is that there is at least one well maintained set of cloud ready images for every distribution (at least the distributions Ceph supports). The only work required is to find the URL of such images since there does not seem to be a catalog anywhere to match operating system + version + architecture to a downloadable URL.

I wrote down the details at http://dachary.org/?p=3625. There probably are many aspects of the problem that I don't take into consideration and it's only a tiny part of the puzzle. But sharing unpolished ideas is a good activity for a Sunday ;-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre