Re: [Ceph-maintainers] statically allocated uid/gid for ceph

Tim, Owen:

Can we get a 'ceph' user/group uid/gid allocated for SUSE to get this
unstuck?  IMO the radosgw systemd stuff is blocked behind this too.

I think a osd-prestart.sh snippet (or similar) that does a chown -R of any
non-root osd data to the local ceph user prior to starting the daemon will
handle the cross-distro changes without too much trouble.  I'd lean toward
not going from root -> ceph, though, and have the start script stay root
and not drop privs if the data is owned by root.. that covers upgrades
without interruption.

What do you think?

sage