RADOS backend for Dovecot mail storage

Hi,

Recently Dovecot merged with OpenXchange as announced here:
http://www.dovecot.fi/open-xchange-and-dovecot-announce-merger-to-create-worlds-leading-open-source-messaging-software-provider/

In the past few years I've contacted Dovecot a couple of times because
it would be very, very cool to have your e-mail stored via native RADOS.

They thought it was a very cool idea, but since they had closed source
Object Store plugins for Dovecot like Scality they couldn't allow RADOS
to be implemented for Object Mail storage.

My idea is basically: Dovecot -> libmailrados -> librados -> Ceph

Now that OpenXchange acquired Dovecot it might be that this possibility
opens up!

Just wanted to get this out there. I currently won't be able to look
into this, but it would be very cool if this happens.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902