Keeping up with the backports

Hi Alistair & Jean-Charles,

Thanks a lot for volunteering to work on the backports !

I have good news: the backlog of backports is almost empty. New backports are being added every day and we are going to make sure they are handled on a weekly basis so that point releases can be published every month or so, if needed. To start small and learn as we make progress, I propose to mentor you on a given point release, starting with cherry-picking backports and preparing an integration branch as described at http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/Wiki (which is linked from the http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/ landing page). The idea is that once you feel confortable you can keep going on your own.

If you agree we can arrange an IRC meeting next week to bootstrap that. Since we have multiple stable releases in flight at any given time, it can conveniently be parallelized. If that's ok with you, Alistair could start with Firefly and Jean-Charles with Dumpling.

Please let me know if you have any question :-)

Cheers
--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre