ceph-workbench release 1.0.2

Hi Ceph,

ceph-workbench is a command line script that is designed to bind together various scripts I'm using when working on Ceph. A while back I thought it would be a good idea to have such a swiss knife to match the needs of all Ceph developers, instead of scripts scattered in various places to install dependencies (install-deps.sh), run make check for CI purpose (run-make-check.sh), compile in a container (docker-test.sh),  analyze the results of teuthology, and many more. However each Ceph developer has its own way of doing things and attempting to capture all use cases into one tool seemed impossible. But there is nothing wrong in implementing just one development workflow, as long as it is useful to a few people.

In other words ceph-workbench is by no mean generic, it implements the workflow I'm using. Maybe some people new to Ceph will choose to use it instead of inventing something of their own.

In the spirit of releasing earlier rather than later, it is available at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ceph-workbench and can be installed with:

    pip install ceph-workbench

which installs the command line:

    $ ceph-workbench --help
usage: ceph-workbench [-h] {github2gitlab,backport} ...

development workflow for Ceph

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit

subcommands:
  valid subcommands

  {github2gitlab,backport}
                        sub-command -h
    github2gitlab       Mirror a GitHub project to GitLab
    backport            Backport reports

I'm using it to create the backports inventory pages (for instance http://workbench.dachary.org/ceph/ceph-backports/wikis/v0-80-8) which are my point of reference when working on Ceph backports. It does not do more at the moment but it will grow depending on my needs. Although I don't expect anyone else would be interested in contributing at this point in time, merge requests are most welcome at http://workbench.dachary.org/dachary/ceph-workbench :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre